What is full-time RV insurance and who needs it?

A common misconception among RV owners concerns those who need full-time RV insurance. The standard for full-time status for RV owners is 150 days per year, not 365. If you spend five months per year in your RV, you may lack proper coverage without a full-time RV insurance policy. So, if you live near Vernal, UT, contact our team at Perry Insurance Agency. We’re here to help ensure you have the RV coverage you need.

What Is Full-Time RV Insurance?

Traditional or short-term RV insurance is like auto insurance, while full-time RV adds coverage similar to a homeowner’s policy. Traditional RV insurance covers liabilities resulting from an accident while driving, such as:

  • Bodily injury and property
  • Comprehensive and collision for your RV
  • Medical coverage for you or your injured passengers
  • Underinsured motorist coverage

A short-term RV policy provides coverage while you are on the road but doesn’t cover losses when you park your RV (and live in it for 150 days or more per year). That is where a full-time RV policy comes in since it offers broader coverage for:

  • Bodily injury and property in and around your parked RV
  • Personal effects kept in your RV
  • HOA fees for losses to common areas
  • Temporary lodging while your RV undergoes repairs
  • Adjacent Structures: carports, decks

As always, the time to ensure you have proper insurance coverage is before you need it. If you think you may need full-time RV insurance, act now to ensure you have the right coverage for your RV.

Working With Perry Insurance Agency

Our friendly team at Perry Insurance Agency, serving Vernal, UT, is ready to address all your insurance needs. Stop in or call today to ensure your RV and other insurance needs are adequately covered.