Car ownership is fantastic but comes with its fair share of responsibilities. Talk of maintenance, loan repayments, and the onus of being a sober and responsible driver on the roads. Additionally, car insurance is one of the other responsibilities you have to contend with when you own a car. While the process of purchasing car insurance might be somewhat challenging, partnering with reliable agents like Perry Insurance Agency, located in Vernal, UT, is pivotal in getting the right and adequate auto coverage.
Car insurance in Utah
Before you hit the road in Utah, make sure that your car is insured. While many states have a mandatory requirement for auto insurance, the similarity ends there. Many states have varying mandatory coverages and limits. For Utah, below is what is compulsory:
- Bodily injury liability: Compensates medical expenses or funeral expenses of the death of another driver or pedestrian when your car is involved in an accident. The minimum cover required by the law is $25,000 per person and $65,000 per accident involving more than one person.
- Property damage liability: Protects against damages to third parties’ properties when you are at fault. The minimum required coverage limit is $15,000 per accident.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Covers you or your passengers’ medical expenses when involved in a vehicular accident. The minimum requirement is $3,000 per accident, but you may reject the “loss of income” portion in writing.
Other auto insurance options
Utah’s minimum coverage won’t cover you against risks like floods, theft, fires, and drivers carrying inadequate insurance. With this in mind, consider adding the below auto insurance options.
- Collision and comprehensive coverage: These insurance coverages are optional but essential to have. As one, these coverage types protect your car against car accidents, theft, fire, vandalism, falling objects, hails, and collisions with animals.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: While it’s not mandatory, insurance companies must offer you, and you have to reject it in writing. This coverage protects you if you get involved in an accident with someone with inadequate or no insurance coverage.
- Medical payments: Cover medical expenses for you and your passengers when involved in an accident.
Need car insurance in Vernal, UT? Look no further than Perry Insurance Agency. We shall walk you through the different auto insurance options and choose those that complement your needs. Contact us today.