Do You Need Commercial Insurance if You Work From Home?

These days, more and more people are deciding to work from home. If this applies to you, you may be wondering if you need to invest in commercial insurance. Whether you have your own business at home or you simply work at home for your employer, you want to make sure you are protected. Use these tips from Perry Insurance Agency, serving Vernal, UT, to determine if you need commercial insurance in these cases. 

How do you use your vehicle?

  • If you use your vehicle for commercial purposes for half the time or more, then you may need to get an additional auto insurance policy for commercial use. Your standard policy may not cover you if you are in an accident while using your vehicle for commercial purposes in this type of case. You should check your auto policy to be sure, and if it is not covered, then you should get a commercial policy. 

Do you have equipment or inventory on the site?

  • Commercial insurance can help protect any items that are used for commercial purposes in your home but your home insurance policy or renters insurance policy may not. You will only need to insure the elements that are for commercial use only so you should take inventory of those items. This would include your electronics for business, specialized tools for the business, and even smaller things like your office supplies. If they are only used for commercial purposes, then you can cover them under a commercial insurance plan. 

If you are still unsure about whether or not you need commercial insurance or you would like to learn more about your options, be sure to call Perry Insurance Agency, serving Vernal, UT. They can even run some quotes for you to find a plan that meets your needs and your budget. In another state? Reach out to us to find out what 24 states we provide insurance products too.